Friday 19 June 2009

Invisible Music

This Sunday sees the now traditional FĂȘte de la Musique in France, and although I'm not a huge fan of the event, it does give us the opportunity to experience some unusual places in an original way. I dislike the crowds and the almost forced joyousness of the experience, but the selection of places I mention here should remain quite calm and restrained!

The following is a list of places I've previously written about on my blogs where musical events are taking place:

Chapelle St Louis, HĂŽpital SalpetriĂšre: Berlioz, Mozart and Verdi in this empty, cavernous structure should be very impressive! (18:00 - 20:00)

Institut du Monde Arabe: North African music (19:30 - 23:30)

Hopital St Louis: Various styles in a wonderful relaxing environment (14:00 - 20:00)

Musée de Cluny: Just a one hour show based around the theme of women in the Orient (12:30 - 13:30)

Temple du Foyer de l'Ame: (Pictured above) Classical music performed on the organ, and a rare chance to visit this interesting building near the Place de la Bastille (18:30 - 19:30)

Finally, a special mention. Regular reader Tim will be playing at the La Tactique bar in the Rue Pascal (75005) at 15:30. I'll be there!

7 comments:

Tim said...

Wow, a plug on Invisible Paris - thanks Adam!

Ziggy Stardust said...

What a beautiful picture.

Anne

Anonymous said...

Just curious, but why AREN'T you a big fan of FĂȘte de la Musique in France??!! RUN2rap?!

starman1695 said...

My experience with the FĂȘte de la Musique in the 11Ă© was a good one. The music was modern club-style and the mood of the participants didn't seemed forced at all. Of course, I didn't discover until the day after, what all the celebrating was about. If one wishes to know more, one can check out this site: http://fetedelamusique.culture.fr/programme_france.php

Adam said...

Designslinger: I guess I'm a bit misanthropic! No, I just have problem with large organised events, and on top of that, it always rains!

PeterParis said...

Thanks! Will try one of these addresses, if my "family obligations" today permit!

Louis said...

I'm also surprised to hear you're not a fan of la Fete de la musique, although I relate to your antipathy towards crowds. My favorite part of la Fete is shuttling between random garage bands on boulevard corners, avoiding the big 'organized' events entirely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Instagram Write Bookmark this page More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Premium Wordpress Themes